A fun spin on traditional tabbouleh, this version uses Hemp Hearts in place of the bulgur.
- 1 cup Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cucumber, chopped into small bits (about 1 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ground pepper, to taste
Add all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine. Taste and add additional lemon juice, olive oil and pepper, if needed. Serve immediately or chill in the fridge until ready to serve. The tabbouleh may collect a little liquid as it sits, just give it a good stir if this happens.
Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe