An easy granola recipe that will have you coming back for more. Naturally sweetened with maple syrup and Medjool dates and loaded with gluten-free oats, almonds, hemp seeds, and flaxseeds. Gluten-free and vegan.
Course : Breakfast
Prep Time : 12 minutes
Cook Time : 25 minutes
Total Time : 37 minutes
Servings : 8
Author : Tessa
- 6 Medjool dates pitted and chopped
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup raw sliced or chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract I use Rodelle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, heat maple syrup and date pieces over medium heat to boiling, reduce slightly, stirring occasionally until liquid has reduced and dates have softened, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Mash dates a bit with the back of a spoon to break them down. Add olive oil and stir to combine. Add vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, add oats, almonds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Pour maple-date syrup over oat mixture. Stir until dry ingredients are completely coated. Transfer mixture to prepare cookie sheet.
- Using an extra piece of parchment paper, press granola into an even layer, about a 1/2 inch thick. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, stir, making sure to fold in edges. Pat back down firmly with a spatula. Tent with foil and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and again stir and pat granola back down firmly with spatula. Tent with foil again and bake for about 5 more minutes. Place pan on a wire rack and allow to cool almost completely. When mostly cool, break up granola into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.